[plt-scheme] release-snip doesn't trigger resized

From: Mike T. Machenry (dskippy at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 6 02:11:17 EDT 2004

HA! I knew get-extent must be getting called and I couldn't figure out why
it wasn't. You see, when I went looking for a method to hook into to find
out when the pasteboard was being shown, I wrote a macro to override all the
methods with a (printf "method name") and get-extent, as you might have
guessed, didn't show up. I guess this is why. Thanks for looking in to that
for me. I'll check this out tomorrow. It's far to late to be here now.

Thanks,
-mike

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 02:50:18PM -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> At Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:48:26 -0400, "Mike T. Machenry" wrote:
> > This is another oddity that I don't know whether or not it's a bug or just
> > my miss understanding. This program inserts a snip, s5, and then releases it
> > which leaves the pasteboard, ap, the same size as it was.
>
> This looks like a bug, where a pasteboard doesn't try to resize itself
> after a snip is deleted.
>
> I can fix it for v299.13. Meanwhile, the best workaround is probably to
> move the snip just before deleting it, and put the two operations in a
> sequence.
>
> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.