[plt-scheme] miscaellanous packaging problems with plt-scheme

From: Jamie Raymond <raymond@ccs.neu.edu> (jraymond at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 5 18:12:00 EDT 2004

> First, i got tons of warning about development files (*.h and *.c)
> inside package:
> devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src/all/plcont.c
> devel-file-in-non-devel-package
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src/all/gd_io_dp.c
> devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src/all/plot3d.c
> devel-file-in-non-devel-package /usr/lib/plt/collects/compiler/mzc.h
> etc...

You might want to take a look at what we distribute with our
pre-compiled release bundles. You'll notice, for example, that
plt/collects/plot/src is not included. We distribute source bundles
separately that do include those .c and .h files. That said, some
header files are included in the binary packages for those who are
compiling extensions -- it seems reasonable to me that you could put
those in a separate plt-devel package.

> Then I have different errors, mostly about the dynamic libraries:
>
> 1)
> shared-lib-without-dependency-information
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/compiled/native/i386-linux/fit-low-level.so
> shared-lib-without-dependency-information
> /usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/compiled/native/i386-linux/plplot-low-level.so
> etc...

Hmm. I don't know how to help you here.

Regards,
Jamie