[plt-scheme] Re: to define, or to let (last try)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 28 23:08:16 EDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 9:58 PM, Bill Richter wrote:

>    At this point only about five people are posting to it, and I get
>    the sense only about two or three of them even care.
>
> As probably one of the 5, if not the 2 or 3, I request pronouncements
> from PLT authority.

As I have said before on this list:

We make our decisions based on what we believe is the best choice.
We take into account the evidence we have and the feedback from our
"customers". When we need to change, we change. When we think it's
irrelevant, we ignore the feedback.

As you all know, PLT Scheme has a fix evaluation order. We believe
it is the correct thing to do and until we see further evidence, we
stick with it. Evidence will *not* come with theoretical arguments.
It will have to come in new practical arguments. And believe it or
not: Matthew and I and everyone else of core PLT has seen a lot of
arguments and evidence on this topic. You will have to think hard
to create new evidence.

So, as I also said before, go forth and write some useful collects,
some killer app, or some .Net connection. It's useful to the world
and probably your jobs.

be MzScheme with you. Or somehting like that -- Matthias

P.S. Good enough for a pronouncement?

Posted on the users mailing list.