[plt-scheme] Re: case-sensitive reader by default

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 18:53:17 EDT 2004

On Apr 28, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Anton van Straaten wrote:
> If the switch in the default is made anyway, then perhaps the above
> could
> be partly addressed via the module system: for example, anything
> inside a
> module could be case-sensitive by default, because it must be PLT code.

I think this sounds like a sensible option.

Of course, whether it actually is depends on whether the people who
want case-sensitivity are also people who tend to write their code
inside a (MODULE ...) form, and I suspect (given that people are not
willing to make do with the #cs solution we have currently) that they
write a significant number of case-sensitive expressions that are not
inside of a (MODULE ...) form.

-Felix

----
"Now you say, 'So what?!'"  -G.C. Rota (11/21/97)

Posted on the users mailing list.