[plt-scheme] Implementing engines using threads

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Apr 27 17:55:07 EDT 2004

On Apr 27, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> Is there an elegant way to communicate the return value of success
> to the caller of the engine?

I once wanted something similar -- making it possible for threads to
return value (so you can use an external process in the same way as
you use a thread, getting pipes of processes and threads).  My
solution was to use a (weak) hash table that associates a thread with
its return value.  I can dig up the code but I'm sure it's not
necessary.

(It does sound like it would be nice for the primitive thread object
to hold the return value once the thread is done.  Just in case
there's another poll...)