[plt-scheme] Problems fetching page

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Apr 24 14:33:10 EDT 2004

>   (display "\r\n" client->server))
>
> Delete the \r, and it works.  I don't know what the HTTP protocol says about
> this.

I believe HTTP protocol spec requires the CR to be there (although IIS
is probably forgiving).

What I think might be happening to cause your change to work is that by
removing the CRs you are changing the fragmentation or other other
characteristic of the HTTP-Message or Request-Line across TCP packets
and avoiding triggering a bug that's at the TCP level.  This sounds
bizarre, but I verified octet-by-octet the requests at the HTTP level
using a protocol sniffer -- something at a lower level seemed to be
breaking things.

So I'd be concerned that the root cause of the bug has not been found.

I may not be able to analyze new test cases until Monday, so sorry if
this is not helpful...

Posted on the users mailing list.