[plt-scheme] Problems fetching page

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Sat Apr 24 13:45:33 EDT 2004

Neil W. Van Dyke wrote:
> First of all, that particular server is hostile.  I've tried variations
> of HTTP protocol on it, and the server is surprisingly inflexible in
> general.

I was just coming to that conclusion myself:

> Anyway, I found that a *octet-by-octet identical* HTTP request as the
> one *rejected* when done by "get-pure-port" is *successful* when sent
> manually with "telnet".

I notice that if you send a CR as the first character when connected with
telnet, you get the server error.  Other servers will withstand a single
spurious CR.

For the record, what I previously wrote about persistent connections and
HTTP 1.1 wasn't applicable here, because get-impure-port is sending an HTTP
1.0 request.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.