[plt-scheme] User interface - collect browser

From: sly (sly at southeastern.zz.vg)
Date: Tue Apr 20 06:18:42 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anton van Straaten" <anton at appsolutions.com>
To: <plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 6:26 AM
Subject: RE: [plt-scheme] User interface - collect browser

http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=3A6D94C3.5AA
> 8B151%40cs.utah.edu
> >
> > Could anyone give me some help or example source code ?
>
> The following message has a more up to date version of a similar example:
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/mailarch/plt-scheme-2001/msg00670.html
>
> However, when I tried this on v206, it didn't work - it seems that
goto-url
> expects the panel's frame to have a status line.  One way to get this
would
> be as follows:
>
>   (require (lib "class.ss")
>      (lib "browser.ss" "browser"))
>
>   (define f (new hyper-no-show-frame% (label "My Frame") (width 400)
(height
> 300)))
>   (send f show #t)
>
>   (send (send (send f get-hyper-panel) get-canvas) goto-url
>         "http://www.htdp.org/";
>         #f)
>
> The 'hyper-no-show-frame%' class gives you a frame which already contains
> hyper-panel and a status line.  It doesn't require a URL to be specified
at
> creation time, and it doesn't show itself until you tell it to.  I'm not
> very familiar with the browser collection, so I don't know offhand what
> you'd need to separately create the frame (with status line) and the
> hyper-panel.
>
> Anton

Thank's Anton,

I have already found this 2nd exemple, but, I have the same error as you :
the panel's frame have not a status line.
Your solution is right, but This is the browser's frame.
I would like display help files in a personalised browser, that is why I
just would like to have an instance of a browser in my own window, design as
I want.
I hope someone have the solution, I have looking for it for a month ....
I'am tired to search...

Thank's a lot.

Sly

Posted on the users mailing list.