[plt-scheme] MrEd not garbage collecting invisible editors and snips

From: Sarino Suon (ssuon at polaris.umuc.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 3 15:08:25 EST 2004

Hi:

I started using version 206p1, which is incredible!

However, but I've run into garbage collection problems.

My MrEd application is an editor that generates a lot of temporary snips
and their embedded editors. I often use the 'erase' method on the main
editor to restart an editing session.

But the embedded snips and editors don't seem to get garbage collected.

My memory usage just grows and grows.

This happens even when no copying to the clipboard is done. Also, I
take pains to call the 'clear-undos' method on the main editor, and to
call 'release-from-owner' on the snips.

I also tried using will-executors but they seem to work only for
non-graphic objects, like lists and hash tables.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

--- Sarino Suon

Posted on the users mailing list.