[plt-scheme] Unicode, take 3

From: ifconfig (nslookupifconfig at hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 2 08:56:47 EST 2004

I have learned many programming languages at school and at the university.
One of them, called Prolog, was taught in Hebrew. Since I live in Israel and
my mother language is Hebrew, that would make sense, wouldn't it?
It doesn't. The code is as ugly as hell, and less comprehensible than any
English Prolog code I've ever seen. It looks awful and is hard to work with,
and I cannot emphasize this enough, it shouldn't be used! You shouldn't even
let people program in Hebrew because it causes such bad code. And the most
terrible thing is this: Some people like it. Most don't, and I understand
that. But the some do. Good programmers, I notice, would never want to code
in Hebrew; if you let people do it, I see nothing but trouble ahead.

Of course, I don't know how Chinese programming is, and I believe if good
programmers want to program in their own language, so be it. I'm sticking
with Scheme, myself. English Scheme.

Yours truly,
ifconfig
BAGOS