[plt-scheme] CfP: PLAN-X 2004

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 7 16:21:35 EDT 2003

                       Call for Papers
                         PLAN-X 2004
           Programming Language Technologies for XML
              A workshop colocated with POPL 2004

Aims and Scope

The workshop aims at providing a meeting ground for researchers from the XML,
programming language, and database communities. XML is already a de-facto
industry standard for data exchange, it has from an early stage been embraced
by database researchers, and it is gaining increasing interest from programming
language researchers.

At this workshop we hope to present recent results, identify new challenges,
and inspire the programming language community to focus on XML.

The focus of the workshop is on methods, tools, and theories for processing
XML. Example topics include (but are not limited to) XML parsing, XML type
system and schemas, analysis and implementation of technologies such as XPath,
XSLT, and XQuery, and integration of XML in both general-purpose and
domain-specific programming languages.

Proceedings

There will be no formal proceedings. Informal proceedings will be distributed at
the workshop. Thus, accepted material may be published elsewhere at a later
date.

Important Dates

    * Paper submission deadline: 29 September 2003
    * Notification of acceptance: 19 November 2003
    * Final papers due: 7 December 2003
    * Workshop: 13 January 2004

Submission

We solicit submissions on original research not previously published or
currently submitted for publication elsewhere. We request extended abstracts
not exceeding 5000 words (approximately 10 pages), but shorter extended
abstracts (e.g. 2000 words) are often sufficient. Submitted documents should
be in screen-readable PDF format.

Online submission at <URL:http://www.brics.dk/~mis/planx>.

General Chair

    * Erik Meijer, Microsoft WebData

Program Committee

    * Michael Schwartzbach, University of Aarhus (Chair)
    * Giuseppe Castagna, École Normale Supérieure, Paris
    * Shriram Krishnamurthi, Brown University
    * Makoto Murata, IBM Japan
    * Frank Neven, University of Limburg
    * Benjamin Pierce, University of Pennsylvania
    * Helmut Seidl, University of Trier
    * Jérôme Siméon, Lucent Bell Labs
    * Dan Suciu, University of Washington
    * Peter Thiemann, University of Freiburg

Posted on the users mailing list.