[plt-scheme] NetScheme

From: Jerzy Karczmarczuk (karczma at info.unicaen.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 30 03:10:47 EST 2003

Robby Findler wrote:

> At Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:59:30 -0500, Philippe Meunier wrote:
   [A counter-suggestion to my speculation about having DrScheme on applet]

>>Why not go the other way around? Ditch the browser and create the
>>slides in DrScheme?
>
> Matthew has put together a nice intro to making slideshows using
> DrScheme. If you have the CVS or nightly build downloaded, do this:
>
>   slideshow plt/collects/slideshow/tutorial-show.ss

Thank you folks, I will look it up. Actually, my original idea *WAS* to use
a kind of DrS Help-desk to show the slides. But...

    If I needed just the slides, I wouldn't bother you. Any solution well
    mastered and tested would be OK. I wanted here to be able to offer to
    my students the course notes for their self-study. This means that
    I wanted something complete. With full HTML (or other) options, not
    only variable fonts. With graphics, embedded images, and interactive
    zones permitting to type Scheme programs. And with the possibility to
    do it on communicating new pop-up windows.
    I don't fully know how to do it within Scheme. Perhaps I should work
    on it, but my time is limited...

    And to enable this without forcing all potential 'clients' to have the
    full DrScheme package installed. It wouldn't harm them, but I thought
    that I shouldn't try to enforce it.

But thank you sincerely anyway. The idea is in general good. I gave last year
a programming project, to make a slideshow application with those interactive
zones using wxPython. (The students were physically obliged to present the
project *using* the package, so they knew that it had to work seriously).
I might now try with DrScheme...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk

Posted on the users mailing list.