[plt-scheme] security and aspects

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 14 09:54:15 EDT 2003

[I posted this same message earlier this morning, but I was informed
that some spam filters might reject it because of the paper I'd
attached.  So here's the message again, except the paper is no longer
attached -- if you want a copy, drop me mail.]

Hi David,

Good line of thought.  You may want to take a peek at the attached
paper -- "Pointcuts and Advice in Higher-Order Languages" by Dave
Tucker and me (AOSD 2003) -- which is ostensibly about aspects but can
be used to encode various policies (in particular, see the example in
section 3.1 and the combinators of 3.2).  The implementation technique
(section 5.2) is a bit reminiscent of your proposal.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.