[plt-scheme] sgl meets the OpenGL spec?

From: Ryan Jarvis (rjarvis at WPI.EDU)
Date: Thu Oct 9 12:33:27 EDT 2003

Now how do I call these functions using the C API?

I tried
(glGetFloatv 'GL_MODELVIEW MATRIX (vector->gl-float-vector (list->vector
(list))

(glGetFloatv GL_MODELVIEW MATRIX (vector->gl-float-vector (list->vector
(list))

The first attempt tells me that the first argument needs to be a
non-negative exact integer where the second attempt, more resembling the
example in your help file, tells me gl_modelview_matrix is an undefined
identifier.

What am I missing here?

TIA.

-Ryan

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Scott A Owens wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 October 2003 02:31 pm, Ryan Jarvis wrote:
> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > Thanks for your prompt reply.
> >
> > (require (lib "gl-unsafe.ss" "sgl"))
> > (glGetFloatv 'GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX)
> >
> > gives me the error
> >
> > dynamic-require: name is not provided: gledgeflagpointer by module:
> > |,C:\PROGA~1\plt\collects\sgl\gl-prims|
> >
> > I am not sure what that means but gl-unsafe.ss requires
> > gl-wrapper-helper.ss.  When I look in gl-wrapper-helper.ss it has a line
> > at the top that says
> >
> > (define path '(lib "gl-prims.ss" "sgl"))
> >
> > I did a search and there is no gl-prims.ss anywhere on my computer, least
> > of all in the sgl folder.  There is a gl-prims.c and gl-prims-unsafe.c but
> > that's it.
>
> This is indeed spooky, but not the problem.  mzscheme looks for a compiled
> version of gl-prims (.zo or .so) before looking for the .ss version.  The
> compiled version (gl-prims.so) is generated from gl-prims.c.
>
> I fixed the problem - gl-unsafe.ss was trying to get its primitives from
> gl-prims instead of gl-prims-unsafe - and exp tagged it, so if you're using
> the CVS version you should be fine.  Otherwise you'll have to wait for the
> package to be recompiled and put on the web page, which I suspect will happen
> soon.
>
> -Scott

Posted on the users mailing list.