[plt-scheme] Re: Chez on OSX

From: Jim Witte (jswitte at bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Oct 1 12:43:14 EDT 2003

> From: David Herman <dherman at ccs.neu.edu>
>
> Last year Kent sent me a pre-release copy of PCS for OSX, so I know
> he's able to port it. I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to ask
> him for the latest OSX port.

   It's done.  I've installed it, although it has a *very* odd bug in
the installer (either in it's installer script or in Apple's Installer
app) where if you install it *twice*, the menu-bar drawing routines
stop working, text drawing stops working, selections go odd, and
generally the system completely breaks down.  Kent and I originally
though it was because I had installed a bunch of other stuff, and one
of them broke something (like messing with the /etc symbolic link).
But it happened again, on a virgin 10.2.3 system, so it certainly isn't
a case of "the straw that broke the camel's back."

Jim

Posted on the users mailing list.