[plt-scheme] slideshow.ss question

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Wed Oct 1 01:52:57 EDT 2003

Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Under X, use a font like "-adobe-symbol" that draws Greek letters for
> ASCII characters. (Don't use a font that only draws lambda for the
> appropriate unicode value.)

Thanks, I have this working more or less (I don't seem to have a symbol font
that goes bigger than 24pt, but I can live with that).

Next question, maybe tougher: can slideshow.ss display antialiased fonts
under Linux/XFree86?  If so, what are the requirements to achieve this?
Freetype, XFS, XFT, recompiling my entire Linux distribution from
scratch...?  I don't need detailed config instructions, I just want to know
if it's possible, and if so, what the requirements are.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.