[plt-scheme] Is there an error in "convert.ss" teachpack

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 11:02:25 EST 2003

I can't reproduce the error in Intermediate with lambda (and up).
I suggest you go there for now. The cvs release is going through a
major revision of the language implementation. -- Matthias

Welcome to DrScheme, version 205.6-cvs21nov2003.
Language: Advanced Student.
Teachpack: /Users/matthias/plt/teachpack/htdp/convert.ss.
 > convert-gui
(lambda (a1) ...)

On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 10:48 AM, Jeffrey Stephens wrote:

> Working with HtDP exercise 2.2.1 I typed the following in the define
> window :
>
> (define (f2c temp)
>   (* 5/9 (- temp 32)))
>
> This works fine by itself in the interactions window :
>
> Welcome to DrScheme, version 205.6-cvs21nov2003.
> Language: Beginning Student.
> Teachpack: /usr/local/plt/teachpack/htdp/convert.ss.
>> (f2c 88)
> 31.1
>
> But, when I follow the instructions in the exercise I get the
> following error:
>
>> (convert-gui f2c)
> convert-gui: primitive operator convert-gui expects a defined
> procedure name
> (usually `f2c') in this position
>>

> Regards,
> Jeff Stephens