[plt-scheme] New syntax colorer and parenthesis highlighter have arrived

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Fri Nov 7 13:37:51 EST 2003

Anton van Straaten wrote:
> I'm used to editing in other syntax-highlighting GUI editors, and I
> find that black & white code is harder for me to read.

Yes, I've had the same experience. My eyes tend to gloss over large
chunks of black & white code. The actual colors don't seem to matter;
what's important is that different things show up in different colors,
and like things in like colors. (Different typefaces also work --
anything to visually distinguish sections of code.) It's a subtle but
important clue to my brain that helps me deal with complexity.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd