[plt-scheme] mysterx problem

From: Joe Marshall (jrm at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 7 13:20:19 EST 2003

Bruce Butterfield <bab at entricom.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 06:58, Joe Marshall wrote:
>> >
>> > Looks like the DLL isn't getting found/loaded. I manually registered
>> > (reg32, whatever that is) the 2 DLLs mentioned in the mysterx doc but
>> > still no go. What incantation am I missing?
>>
>> You should have three dll's in the
>>
>> plt\\collects\\mysterx\\private\\compiled\\native\\win32\\i386\\
>>
>> directory:
>>
>>   mxmain.dll
>>   myspage.dll
>>   myssink.dll
>>
>> I think that might the problem.  Additionally, run setup-plt after you
>> get those in place.
>>
> All 3 dlls are in that directory and I've run setup-plt lots of times
> along with running reg32/reg32svr/rubbing my head and patting my
> tummy/etc. 'mxmain.dll' exists in (seemingly) the right directory but it
> won't load. I could try a fresh install of everything but I'm pretty
> sure that isn't the issue - I didn't do anything special during
> installation.

Yes.  I didn't see your followup mail before I responded.  My apologies.

> Has mysterx been tested with Win2K? Is everybody else out there running
> it successfully? Thanks for any ideas.

I'm using every day (on WinXP, though).

I seem to recall having run into the problem before, but I haven't yet
remembered what the solution is.

When you ran setup-plt, did you specify the --clean flag?
Did you try it with --verbose so that you can see what happens when it
gets to the mysterx collection?

Posted on the users mailing list.