[plt-scheme] Executables

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Nov 4 07:58:34 EST 2003

On Tuesday, Nov 4, 2003, at 04:14 US/Eastern, Noel Welsh wrote:

> --- Dor Kleiman <dor at ntr.co.il> wrote:
>> But it says (after copying the neccessary dlls, of
>> course):
>> standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found:
>> "mzlib" in any of: ("C:\\Documents and
>> Settings\\eran\\Application Data\\PLT
>> Scheme\\205\\collects")
>> reference to undefined identifier:
>> graphical-read-eval-print-loop
>> [Exited]
>
> The directory above is where user installed
> collections go by default.  It appears your copy of
> PLT Scheme is looking for a collection it can't find.
> Since the collection is mzlib, the core collection
> distributed with PLT Scheme, I'm guessing you haven't
> installed PLT Scheme correctly.  You say you've copied
> over the "necessary dlls" but that may not be enough.

It's not clear from your (Dor/Katsmall's) article whether the program
you transferred to the other computer was created with "Create
Executable".

To summarize (search for Create Executable in Help Desk), the Create
Executable command in DrScheme is used for exactly what you need; that
is, it bundles up a scheme file with the MrEd binary _and_ with all of
the necessary libraries, e.g. the one your program is looking for in
mzlib.

If you already used Create Executable to create this file, then this
looks like a bug... unless your program does some kind of
dynamic-require'ing.

john

Posted on the users mailing list.