[plt-scheme] 204 linux PLT installation and SRFI 4

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue May 27 16:33:47 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 03:12  PM, George Demmy wrote:

> I've built the plt 204 release on linux, and found that SRFI 4 won't
> work "out of the box" on unix with the "configure - make - make
> install" dance. The module loads collects/srfi/4/tests.ss, which, in
> turn, does
>
> (load (build-path (collection-path "mzlib") 'up 'up "tests"
>                   "mzscheme" "testing.ss")
>
> I discovered this by fat-fingering -- I don't use SRFI 4. However, I
> did take a quick look at the code, and it was not intuitively obvious
> to this casual observer that test.ss should be loaded by default when
> plt/src/Makefile.in file before doing configure. I've done an install
> with the patched file, and you can (require (lib "4.ss" "srfi")) just
> fine. It's a sledgehammer approach -- it copies the entire "tests"
> directory to the prefix directory.

Thanks for reporting this.  The latest exp-tagged version of PLT Scheme
breaks this dependence for SRFI 4 by relying on a set of test
abstractions that appear in a collection, thus obviating the need to
copy the tests directory to the installation.

Thanks again,

john clements

Posted on the users mailing list.