[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme v204 available

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 7 04:26:30 EDT 2003

Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Not as far as I know. I'd be happy to accept patches to build and link
> "mzssl.c" using the gnutls openssl-compatibility layer (assuming that a
> patch is needed).

Preliminary investigation seems to suggest that there are just a handful
of changes required, but I think that v204 is required for that collection
to be used?  Upgrading mzscheme has to wait for a break in development
work, I'm afraid.

Basically, the #include <openssl/ssl.h> becomes <gnutls/openssl.h> and
some constants seem to be missing (I'm not sure what version of openssl
gnutls is emulating, or what version mzssl wants).  It seems that it
would be quite easy to build against gnutls if available.

I also ran into some problems, because it seems to be very hard to unpack
a .plt file not into the main tree: did I miss the obvious way to do this?

MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.