[plt-scheme] exception handling

From: Francisco Solsona (solsona at acm.org)
Date: Tue Mar 25 10:35:01 EST 2003

Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> writes:

>>   (raise (make-schemeql-unknown-error (wrap-srpersist-exception henv hdbc
>> hstmt)))
>>
>>  [ ... ]
>>
>> One thing I don't quite understand, though, is
>> why the original 'raise' call above does *not* generate a bug icon.  Is it
>> the wrong kind of exception, or perhaps it's being trapped again somewhere
>> higher up?  If there were some way to toggle this behavior, it would be
>> useful.
>
> It doesn't include the continuation marks. See the docs on exn for
> details. Short version: make the schemeql-unknown-error a substruct of
> exn and fill in th exn fields too.

schemeql-unknown-error and, in general, all other schemeql-*
exceptions are substructs of schemeql-error, so I think that it would
suffice to make this one a substruct of exn.

OTOH, the continuation-marks field is supposed to be always the value
of (current-continuation-marks) ?  Is there some more documentation on
this?

TIA,
--Francisco

Posted on the users mailing list.