[plt-scheme] schemeql

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 11:11:02 EST 2003

Paul Steckler wrote:
> I'm aware of a recently-fixed bug in SrPersist that *might*
> be at work here.  It could be data is getting clobbered by the
> GC.
>
> There were a couple of static variables that were not
> registered with the GC.  If you have a compiler, add
>
>   scheme_register_extension_global(&srp_name,sizeof(srp_name));
>   scheme_register_extension_global(&bufferTable,sizeof(bufferTable));

Thanks - I took a look, but those exact lines were already there, in
scheme_initialize in srpersist.cxx.  (I downloaded SrPersist for v202 last
night.)

I have previously tried rebuilding the SrPersist DLL, using the ODBC 3.51
headers which I already had with Visual C++ 6.0, but the symptom remained
the same.  I've since switched back to the original DLL.

I've also just tried it with an Access database, and I get exactly the same
results as with SQL Server - I can successfully do a query with SrPersist,
but SchemeQL gives me the same exception.

I'm going to try upgrading to DrScheme 203 just in case, but any other
suggestions are welcome.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.