[plt-scheme] Structures added to MzLib

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Mar 20 09:11:23 EST 2003

>>>>> "Shriram" == Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> writes:

Shriram>   For list-related administrative tasks:

Shriram> David S. Goldberg wrote:

>> Dromedary is intended to be a teaching language and thus I currently have
>> no plan to support structures or other complex ML concepts.

Shriram> I think Brown actually uses ML's modules in the first semester course
Shriram> (cs17)!

Shriram> Fortunately, I think we are relatively alone in that, though keep in
Shriram> mind that books like Paulson's do discuss modules, so a "beginner" is
Shriram> going to want to try them out sooner or later.  Therefore, I wouldn't
Shriram> completely rule them out.  Of course, you did say "currently", and
Shriram> that's perfectly reasonable.

I remember Hugh Glaser (Southampton, I believe) saying that they do ML
modules in the first semester.  That was a couple of years back,
though.  I do remember the mad-happy gleam in his eye, when he said
"Oooh, they suffer!", though.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike