[plt-scheme] MzScheme and .NET

From: Pedro Pinto (ppinto at cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 16 21:06:01 EST 2003

Hi there,

I was playing around with a .NET based MzScheme extension and it occurred to
me that it should be possible to use reflection to automatically generate
MzScheme extension code from .NET assemblies. I have played around with the
idea bit and was able to sketch out a tool that takes very simple .NET types
and generates MzScheme extension code.

However I have a feeling there will be significant semantic clashes ahead,
including inheritance, namespaces, ref argument types, etc. I am not very
familiar with this kind of problems so I was wondering if anyone has any
references or comments on how to go about mapping statically typed OO
constructs into scheme?

It would be quite interesting if the entire .NET class library could be used
from MzScheme.

-pp

Posted on the users mailing list.