[plt-scheme] availability of RPM for RH 8.0 and DrScheme 203

From: Paul T. Graunke (ptg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 12 20:24:17 EST 2003

The problem was that I, the RPM builder, had PLTHOME set to *my*
/home/ptg/plt directory, which caused setup-plt and installation
stuff to mess with my installation instead of the RPM one.
If the PLTHOME variable is not set, the default /usr/local/lib/plt
(or something like that) is used.  If the RPM will install somewhere
else, PLTHOME might need to point to the plt directory.  It may
need to point to different places when building in one location and
(post)installing somewhere else.

Paul

> I'm not sure.  Paul Graunke, who did the RPMs we used to distribute, had
> these lines in the spec file:
>
> 	unset PLTHOME
> 	export PLTHOME
>
> Unfortunately, he's out of reach until next Monday, so we can't ask him
> for further illumination until then.
>
> -- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.