[plt-scheme] DRScheme LGPL License Question

From: Shawn Legrand (splegrand at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 16:22:51 EST 2003

If I create a commercial windows application using Dr Scheme and I create a stand-alone executable (where the runtime engine is part of the .exe but the DLLs are separate), do I still fall under the condition that I have to provide the source or let the consumer reverse-engineer my application code? I'm a little confused on the point in that the DLLs are separate and I have not modified any of the Dr Scheme library code, but the runtime engine is part of my .exe.

Could someone explain in English (not legalese) the commercial ramifications of a stand-alone executable. I will not hold you legally to your help, I just would like a clarification by someone who is more familiar with how to distribute a commercial application using Dr Scheme and the LGPL.

Shawn Legrand
Carpe Noctem! Carpe Diem! Hieros Gamos!
splegrand at yahoo.com