[plt-scheme] Creating a .plt distribution

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 8 18:55:18 EST 2003

At Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:14:47 -0500, "Pedro Pinto" wrote:
> I have the following directory structure which I would like to create a .plt
> for:
>

> ss-db
>     ss-db.ss
>     info.ss
>     compiled
>         native
>             win32
>                 i386
>                     ss-db-ext.dll
>
> where info.ss is:
>
> (module info (lib "infotab.ss" "setup")
>   (define name "ss-db")
>   (define compile-omit-files
>     '("info.ss" "ss-db.ss")))
>
> My goal is for my ss-db.plt archive to create an ss-db collection under
> plt\collects. I tried the following:
>
> mzc --collection-plt ss-db.plt --at-plt "ss-db"
>
> But this seems to miss the ss-db-ext.dll file

The problem is that --collection-plt skips the "compiled" subdirectory.
This fact does not appear to be adequately documented (you'd have to
look at the docs for the general `pack' function, then infer how it's
used). I'll fix the documentation.

In CVS (exp-tagged), I've added a --include-compiled flag to mzc, since
this seems useful generally useful.

Meanwhile, if you have to use an older version of setup, I think the
only option is to call `pack' directly.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.