[plt-scheme] ECMAScript and Scheme

From: Dominique Boucher (Dominique.Boucher at sgdl-sys.com)
Date: Wed Mar 5 08:45:25 EST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone on this list is aware of any effort for
implementing ECMAScript on top of Scheme, either by interpreting ECMAScript
directly in Scheme, by byte-code compiling it or by compiling ECMAScript to
Scheme. Since many XML-based languages use ECMAScript for browser-side
computation (HTML, VoiceXML, SVG, etc.), it would be nice to have an
interpreter (or compiler) for this language. This would make the
implementation of interpreters for these markup languages much easier in
Scheme. [In my case, I am mostly interested in implementing a text-based
debugger for VoiceXML.]

Note that I'm not looking for a complete or totally conforming
implementation. It can lack regular expressions support, date objects,
Unicode support, full Math support, automatic semicolon insertion, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dominique Boucher

Posted on the users mailing list.