[plt-scheme] availability of RPM for RH 8.0 and DrScheme 203

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 4 08:16:02 EST 2003

I would like to suggest that a more effective strategy than turning
away Steve's (student's) work is to find a way to use it.  Perhaps Eli
can spare a moment to figure out whether the student's bundle is in
any way superior to his?  Maybe the student knows a way out of this
RPM mess.  Or might at least learn something about RPM from Eli. (-:

Shriram

Paul Steckler wrote:

> We haven't been putting up RPMs for RedHat because of compatibility
> issues with rpm and run-time libraries.  That is, if we build an RPM for
> RH 8.0, it's not likely to work with other RedHat versions, or even
> upgraded RedHat 8.0 installations.
>
> If you look at rpmfind, you'll see distinct packages for each RedHat
> version.  We don't currently have a setup to build all of those.
>
> Eli Barzilay has suggested that he'd like to build RPMs for different
> versions of RedHat and DrScheme.  He may well be doing so in the
> Future.
>
> -- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.