[plt-scheme] Yet another question. And this time: animations

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 3 09:37:14 EST 2003

At Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:31:28 +0200, Katsmall the Wise wrote:
> What's wrong with calling on-paint from other threads though? That's
> what I did...

If the handler thread happens to be processing an update event, then
the drawing area is automatically limited to the update region. So the
non-handler thread might not paint as much of the canvas as you meant.

I only recently noticed this problem --- though this problem showed up
one layer deeper for me, in implementing Mac OS X controls.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.