[plt-scheme] Problem with current-directory and null pointer reference

From: John W. Small (jsmall at atlantech.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 19:26:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using PLT Scheme 204 on Windows 2000
(downloaded from the DrScheme site and not CVS.)

I've written a stand alone exe app that reads from
the environment and stdin and writes to stdout.

This app is intended to be used as a CGI script.

Everything works fine when run in a DOS window.

When it runs in IIS the problems begin.

For example if calling

         (current-directory)

returns

        \inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\subdir

when run under IIS it truncates the last
subdirectory returning instead:

        \inetpub\wwwroot\myapp

The exe is located in

        \inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\subdir

For some reason  (current-directory) looses
the last subdirectory in the path when run under
IIS.

A second problem is a null pointer reference.
Again everything runs okay in a DOS window.
Under IIS the exe is caught trying to read position
0:
        The instruction at "0x00000000"referenced
        memory at "0x00000000".  The memory could
        not be "read".

It appears to be caused by code similar to the following.

        (define  _my-flag  #f)
        (set! _my-flag  ( ) )

I've moved the _my-flag definition to another location in the module
thinking it might be getting over written by an array out of bounds error
or the like and thus being set to the null pointer.  This had no effect on
the error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John