[plt-scheme] Re: What's the latest on the Scsh port?

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jul 17 03:18:38 EDT 2003

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

Matthew> I didn't mean just readline support, but I don't have many specific
Matthew> ideas. I just suspect that it's wrong to attack the problem by trying
Matthew> to adapt the programming language.

Yes.  At least the attempt in scsh has failed.  I'd say that the
command lines need a different syntax than the scripting syntax,
mainly because the requirements are very different.  (Command lines
are usually simple and don't need, say, complex redirections.)  I also
don't see a pressing need to escape from the script syntax to the
command line syntax (a tool that performs a translation would be
worthwhile, though).  There is a need to switch the command line to
"script mode," though.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike