[plt-scheme] match and xml structures

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 12:14:14 EDT 2003

At Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:05:02 -0400, David Van Horn wrote:
> Ah, I see now.  Units don't export syntax objects, which is how the
> structure information is conveyed.  Eg. `comment' is not bound in xml.ss.

Although units don't export syntax objects, signatures do (roughly). In
particular, `comment' is bound in "xml.ss" because the relevant
information is in the xml^ signature. The signature also introduces
`element' and `source'.

But the xml^ signature doesn't indicate that `element' is a sub-type of
`source'. The signature language needs to be extended to support this
information, hence the next iteration of `unit'.

> (BTW, the online and distributed documentation for version 204 is
> missing the pattern syntax image.
> http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/204/html/mzlib/mzlib-Z-H-
> 21.html#node_sec_21.1)

Thanks - this problem has been fixed for the next release.

(I'll leave the other `match' issues to the `match' maintainers.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.