[plt-scheme] Having trouble with DrScheme

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jul 16 03:33:33 EDT 2003

John Wyatt <jbwyatt4 at yahoo.com> writes at 17:10 15-Jul-2003 -0700:
> Strangest thing when I try to execute helloworld.scm I
> get this " reference to unindefined idenfier: begin "

I'm fairly new to DrScheme, so I don't know the official answer, but...
if I paste your program into the Definitions pane of the DrScheme
window, right-click on "begin" to get a pop-up menu, and select "Search
in Help Desk for 'begin'"...
the search results suggest that "begin" is not included in the
progression of DrScheme pedagocical languages until "Advanced Student
Language".

You can use the Language menu to change to a language that includes
"begin", or reformulate your program to not use "begin".

Or set your program aside for now, and start working through the How To
Design Programs book.  (Perhaps there is a koan involving "begin".)

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/