[plt-scheme] Re: Can SRFI-7 be made to work with PLT Scheme v204?

From: Dirk Gerrits (dirk at gerrits.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Jul 1 05:11:03 EDT 2003

Francisco Solsona wrote:

> Dirk Gerrits <dirk at gerrits.homeip.net> writes:
>

>>When I try to use SRFI-7 with PLT Scheme v204 I get the following error:
>>
>> > (require (lib "program.ss" "srfi" "7"))
>>open-input-file: cannot open input file:
>>"D:\APPS\plt\collects\srfi\0.ss" (No such file or directory; errno=2)
>>
>>I other words: SRFI-7 is implemented in terms of SRFI-0, but SRFI-0 is
>>not implemented at all.
>>
>>Can I find a PLT Scheme implementation for SRFI-0 somewhere to make
>>SRFI-7 work? It's not in CVS apparently. Will it be in v205?
>

> You must have a somewhat old version of SRFI-7, which indeed was based
> on the implementation of SRFI-0 we *used* to have.  The latest srfi
> collection has a full blown implementation of SRFI-7 that no longer
> requires "0.ss" (which BTW was not a strict SRFI-0 implementation, and
> was deprecated).
>
> How are you getting PLT?  The srfi collection (without a SRFI-0
> implementation) is part of PLT since v204.

Thanks for the quick response.

I just went to www.drscheme.org, Download, then chose:
   Platform: 'Windows 98 (and up) x86'
   Version: '204 (latest)'
Pressed the Download button, chose the German mirror, received the file
'plt-204.exe' and used it to install PLT Scheme.

After all that, the program.ss file in my plt\collects\srfi\7 directory
contains the lines:

(module program mzscheme
   (require (lib "0.ss" "srfi"))

I also did a CVS checkout to a different directory, the program.ss file
there also contains those lines.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Dirk Gerrits