[plt-scheme] macros that need to eval

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 28 14:17:46 EST 2003

Robert Bruce Findler writes:
 > I don't think that you need to evaluate arguments for that. Have a look
 > at the way define-struct's super types work. (This may be described in
 > more detail in his ICFP paper or at http://www.htus.org/). You can use
 > macro-generating macros to transmit information at compile time.
 > Perhaps that is what you want (or would be happy with...)?

No, I don't think that would work.  In particular, I want to be able
to pass a class to a unit which defines a subclass of the class.  I
don't think you can do this with something like struct type
descriptors, but I'd be happy to see an example.

By the way, Matthew's ICFP paper
(http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/macromod.pdf) doesn't cover
record inheritance, and I couldn't find anything relevant in HTUS.
Did I miss something?

--dougo at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.