[plt-scheme] DrScheme installation problem

From: me (rohan.nicholls at informaat.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 21 09:05:55 EST 2003

* Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> [030121 05:07]:
>   For list-related administrative tasks:

> The install process goes wrong when the --prefix dir is the same as the
> build dir.
>
> To avoid the problem, re-configure as follows: don't use --prefix, but
> do run configure using the absolute path `/usr/local/plt/src/configure'.

I have done this and run into this error, while making mred

In file included from ./XWidgets/xwMultiList.c:68:
XWidgets/xwMultiListP.h:56: X11/Xaw/SimpleP.h: No such file or directory
In file included from XWidgets/xwMultiListP.h:57,
                 from ./XWidgets/xwMultiList.c:68:
XWidgets/xwMultiList.h:56: X11/Xaw/Simple.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [XWidgets/xwMultiList.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/plt/plt/src/wxxt/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/plt/plt/src/wxxt/src/x'
make[2]: *** [wx_xt] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/plt/plt/src/mred'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/plt/plt/src/mred'
make: *** [mr] Error 2

Unfortunately that kills drscheme.:(

Am I missing some devel libraries for X (X11/Xaw/Simple.h -- looks like
trouble.

Would love some help on this.

I also have a question, if I don't use the prefix I noticed it seemed to
be taking the environmental variables $PLTHOME $PLTCOLLECTS as a basis
for the directories to be compiled are.  Should these variables be
redefined before compiling?

thanks,  looking forward to version 203

rohan

Posted on the users mailing list.