[plt-scheme] Problem with french keyboard

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 17 11:00:41 EST 2003

At Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:39:37 +0100, Jean-Paul Roy wrote:
> (Old) problems with MacOS-X French keyboard.
> To get the ~ in the DrScheme 202/203 editor, I must
> type ~~~ three times then rubout two of them : the
> the ~ key is stuck. Same with ^ and `
> The sequence ~<space>n gets the spanish ñ in regexps !
> De la mano a la boca se pierde la sopa :-)

This seems to be fixed in the now exp-tagged code for OS X in CVS.

I say "seems" because I was reduced to guessing and trying random
things until the symptom went away on my machine. Apple doesn't like to
fully document the OS X API; I guess that would be giving away too many
trade secrets to dangerous programmer types.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.