[plt-scheme] function `eval-compile-time-part-of-top-level'

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 9 17:19:52 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:38:06AM -0500, John Clements wrote:

> This is a big problem for a syntax checker.  The syntax checker wants
> to expand _all_ the expressions, but doesn't want to evaluate any of
> them.

Can you describe the difference between :
    drscheme:eval:expand-program,
    expand-top-level-with-compile-time-evals and
    eval-compile-time-part-of-the-top-level

I supose they each handle expressions of various execution
stages slightly differently, but for now I couldn't tell
them appart.

Also, is there a way to jump back to original code from the
expanded version? In my case, I want to treat
define-datatype construct (from the cs173 language) as
special. So I want to be able to detect define-datatype is
being used, and get the original syntax-object, unexpanded.

I am aware an annotation system was built for MrFlow. It
would detect the usage of certain do-nothing macros and
handle them specialy. This is similar to what I'm trying to
do.

--
  "In Google non est, ergo non est."

- Guillaume