[plt-scheme] NW: Development Status of SchemeDoc

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 6 11:13:26 EST 2003

--- Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> Just a general comment -- why not have it extract
> documentation in
> some convenient format that can later be used with
> any tool to
> actually create the documentation?

You mean sexps?  It can easily be converted to
S-expression's cousin XML, and fairly easily to an
sexp encoding of the same such as SXML.

When writing this kind of thing I want a general
transformation framework.  WebIt! has an excellent
transformation framework similar to syntax-case.  I
originally wrote my own transformation framework but
why bother when 1) WebIt! does the same (and is
arguably more convenient as the code isn't littered
with syntax-object->datum) and 2) WebIt! will output
the transformations as HTML which is the most popular
format.

Noel