[plt-scheme] DrScheme vs. multiple collections directories

From: John Clements (clements at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 5 16:16:27 EST 2003

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 08:26  AM, Bertrand Petit wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 08:10:24AM -0500, John Clements wrote:
>> Third, looking at your code, (or rather, running it), it appears that
>> you have not done a direct cut-and-paste into the mail message.
>
> 	I reconstructed a simple test case from a collection I'm
> curently working on. You're right that the essai.scm was falty, I
> forgot to report in my message a correction that was applied in the
> "live" file.
>

>> test this was slightly different than the code you included in your
>> e-mail.  Furthermore, I see that drscheme is complaining about line 4
>> of your info.ss file, when the one you include only has 2 lines.  Is
>> this also a case of mis-pasting?
>
> 	The info.ss file I transmited is the one I used for tests. Is
> has seven lines, including the three comments and the two blank lines.
>
> 	I join here the files as they are right now in my test
> "battlefield".

<files omitted>

The problem with your info.ss was that it contained a stray $A0
character.  The difference between DrScheme and MzScheme arose because
DrScheme (apparently) expands the info.ss, where mzscheme doesn't.

I also notice that the error message I received when trying your file
was considerably more informative than the one you posted, which
suggests that error reporting has improved between the version that you
were using and 203.3.

hope this helps,

john clements

ps. another reasonable request might be that drscheme treat all
characters which appear as whitespace in the definitions window as
whitespace in the evaluation of the program.

Posted on the users mailing list.