[plt-scheme] extensions that use libraries with libc (cygwin)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 31 10:43:30 EST 2003

At Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:30:32 -0500 (EST), "David A. Herman" wrote:
> I'm trying to compile an extension with mzc under cygwin that requires an
> external library and haven't had much luck.

Unfortunately, neither have I. Back in October, I couldn't get an
extension to run with Cygwin's C library. I think I got something to
link, but I crashed.

Here's the old thread, but I doubt that it has anything useful:

 http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-October/003714.html

> Also, is there any danger in using external libraries that use
> malloc/free?

No problem, as long as you don't put pointers to GCable memory in the
malloc'ed space.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.