[plt-scheme] Re: Location of MrEd builtin-class definition files

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 22 11:24:08 EST 2003

At Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:28:13 +0000, Guenther Schmidt wrote:
> I've been trying to get a choice% object to drop down it's list of items at a
> keystroke. The idea was that the popup/drop-down would be triggered by a mouse-
> event called via on-sub-window-event.
>
> [...]
>
> Is my assumption wrong that the popup can be triggered like this?

Unfortunately, yes. A mouse-event% object that is generated by the GUI
system is really a wrapper around a low-level event, and it's the
low-level even that triggers the popup. By overidding methods, you can
prevent an event from being delivered, but you can't really generate an
equivalent event.

> Is there any other way?

Not currently. A "popup" method may well make sense, but we'd have to
add it to the various underlying implementations of choice%. (I'd have
to look more closely at the Windows and OS X APIs to be sure that a
"popup" method could work.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.