[plt-scheme] Location of MrEd builtin-class definition files

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 21 09:30:43 EST 2003

At Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:17:28 +0000, Guenther Schmidt wrote:
> I can't find the files with the source definitions of choice%, text-field%
> etc. Where are they located?

They're in plt/collects/mred/mred.ss, but those classes build on
classes that are provided from C, and those classes are implemented
once for each GUI platform, in plt/src/wxwindow (Windows), plt/src/wxxt
(X11), and plt/src/wxmac (Mac OS).

I've been meaning to answer your question about combo boxes (choice
plus text field). The short answer is that it's a missing widget.

Providing the platform-specific widget on each GUI platform is probably
not too difficult, but the resulting text field wouldn't behave quite
like text-field%, which is implemented using text%. I'm not sure how
easy it will be to get a combo box that works well with the rest of
MrEd, but it sounds like you're trying...

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.