[plt-scheme] Industrial servlets and Apache

From: Don Felgar (dfelgar at rainier-infosys.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 19:25:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003, MJ Ray wrote:

> I'd suggest implementing the webapp protocol in preference.  Can
> similar methods be used?  Can the guile/fcgi approach translate to
> mzscheme/webapp?

That interface isn't much of a problem in of itself.  I suppose the
fcgi proxy interface would suffice.  Unfortunately its server-side
code is C.  All this protocol needs to define is methods for sending a
CGI environment and request body, and then a method to deliver a
response back to the client.

Note that I've never worked with ajp13.  Presumably it does something
more than send the CGI env and body.  I gather it uses multiple ports
and a binary encoding.

I believe the hard part of a middleware-based solution is the
multi-process data structure that associates invoke-id's with servlet
server processes.  FCGI has a nice built-in facility for restarting
webapp engines as well.  Probably this project requires that as well.

Posted on the users mailing list.