[plt-scheme] can macros expand into (require (file ...)) ?

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Thu Aug 7 11:55:26 EDT 2003

PLT experts-

While I was working on a large project with many separate modules, I
wrote a macro that would print out an update as each module was loaded,
just so I could track progress.

However, now that I have finished developing the individual modules
(and the units within), I seem to be lacking the provided variables
from the modules that have been loaded via my macro-ized require
statement.

At first I thought it might be something with scoping of any macro that
expands into a (require ...), but expanding into require's of non-file
modules seems to work fine.

I've reduced the problem to a demo test case, which I've included
below.  As you can see, the module's file IS being loaded (since the
instrumentation display statement is executing).  But the provided
variable is still unaccessible.  Can someone tell me what is going
wrong here?

Thanks,
-Felix