[plt-scheme] best practices for directory structures

From: David A. Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 14:09:12 EDT 2003

> >   export PLTHOME=$PLTHOME:/your/collection/dir
>
> PLTCOLLECTS not PLTHOME

The documentation (PLT MzScheme: Language Manual Ch. 16) says that both
variables are used to find collections:

(current-library-collection-paths
 (path-list-string->path-list
  (or (getenv "PLTCOLLECTS") "")
  (or (ormap (lambda (p) (and p (directory-exists? p) (list p)))
             (list (let ([v (getenv "PLTHOME")])
                     (and v (build-path v "collects")))
                   (find-executable-path program "collects")
                   (find-executable-path
                    program
                    (build-path 'up "collects"))
                   (find-executable-path
                    program
                    (build-path 'up 'up "collects"))))
      null)))

In fact, I can't get either to work (Win2K): when I set the PLTCOLLECTS
variable, MzScheme fails even to start up because it can't find the core
libraries. When I set the PLTHOME variable, it ignores it.

Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.