[plt-scheme] best practices for directory structures

From: David A. Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 17 12:14:01 EDT 2003

> You can do the arguably cleaner
>
>  (require "module-x.ss" "collection" "subcollection")

Ah, I hadn't noticed the variable-length syntax. That does look cleaner.

>   export PLTHOME=$PLTHOME:/your/collection/dir
>
> or the equivalent on Windows.  Simple, no?

Sounds good, just wanted to see if collections were the standard method.

In Windows, DrScheme (and MzScheme and mzc) seem to be ignoring the
PLTHOME variable. Am I missing something? I've set PLTHOME to my custom
directory, but it's not being picked up for the collections path:

> (getenv "PLTHOME")
"c:\\Projects"
> (current-library-collection-paths)
("c:\\Program Files\\PLT\\collects")